Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm missing a chin!

I looked in the mirror today and noticed that one of my double chins has gone away.  We've been together a long time, but I'm not going to miss seeing it every time I look at my reflection. I'm having more fun imagining what my face is going to look like by the end of my first post-op year!
I feel like I'm taking up less space, and I am in a way, since I am getting thinner/smaller.  I find my mobility is easier and I can get closer to things.  Maybe now I won't have so many stains on the fronts of my shirts since I dropped my food there quite often.  That's one of those small perks having the operation gives you that is taken for granted or just forgotten about.  I'm discovering little things like that nearly everyday and that makes this whole process an adventure and fun!


Company is coming: there's going to be 2 weeks worth of sisters coming to visit. Thursday, John's sister is coming out from New Jersey.  She's never been here, so I'm looking for my tour guide hat (it may be too big now, lol!).  I'll be getting plenty of walking in these next two weeks.
The day after she leaves, my own sister flies in from Phoenix to see us.  She has requested a trip to Chinatown; lots of walking up and down hills there and also, as always, a trip to Napa.  It's one of our favorite day trips and this time of year should be beautiful.  On the hunt for Charles Krug Zinfandel Port and no better place to get it then at the source.  
Look for us racing by in the BMW Z4 with the top down and looking fierce!


I have a secret about out-of-town guests: they compel my husband and I to clean our house so it looks like we live a neat, organized life! My guest bathroom tub doubles as a storage space, so I'll be moving all the Christmas decorations into our closet while the guests are here.


Just don't open any closet doors or look under the beds if you come over to my house.







No comments:

Post a Comment