Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Apologies

I feel I need to make an apology for not being in touch for such a while.


I am adjusting to returning to work on the graveyard shift and even though it's only been about 2 weeks, my adjustment hasn't been easy.  I find that, while I like the people I work with, I don't like the hours.  I would really like to try to get into a swing or day shift.  
It's about the deprived sleep and living within a world that is day shift focused.  I must start an exercise program at Planet Fitness and take up yoga.  My quandary is: what time should I attempt these things?  I could shoot for going right after work at 8:30 a.m., or wait until I wake from my first nap around 12-1:00 p.m.  I think an experiment is forming and I'm the lab rat!


I am already familiar with the lab rat role as there is a daily experiment for what I can eat without trouble and discomfort.  I'm making yet another adjustment to my new bariatric anatomy and how to get along with it.  Sometimes it can be so sensitive!


Chicken is out of the question.  Wednesday, I tried to eat a small amount of a boneless, skinless, grilled teriyaki chicken and it soon felt like I had swallowed razor blades.  I was spitting up intermittently and eventually had to pull the car over and stop to vomit.  Not my finest moment on the street.


I'm giving my stomach a little break and going back to the protein shakes as a meal substitute.


Last night, my husband stayed home with me and made a shrimp scampi dinner that went down easily and was so delicious.  To quote him: "Anything made with love will go down easily" and then he offered to make a chicken and assured me that it would be easy to eat! 


I'm a very lucky woman.



No comments:

Post a Comment